Beatrixschool Haarlem, Holland
Problem - English solutions - Italian solutions
English solutions - top
The Climbing Rails
You said the teacher is finding it hard to supervise the climbing rails and the playground this makes it sound like you only have one teacher out at one time. Our solutions are:
1) Have two or three teachers out on duty at once, one to watch the rails and one or two to watch the playground.
2) A rota to stop too many children on at once.
3) Only let children on the rails on certain days.
4) Use the red hat system of older children helping on the climbing rails.
5) Have a softer landing area under the climbing rails.
Class teachers make sure the children are out of the school building so
the break duty staff can go on the playground at the start of break.
Blocking the road by cars
At our school we are currently debating the same problem, these are the solutions we are considering:
1) Make posters and letters to encourage parents and children to walk.
2) If possible build or extend a car park near school.
3) A wider road to be built.
4) On the spot car parking fines given out by the police.
5) Walking and cycling buses around the local area, which means children will be collected at different points on the way to school. Parents will supervise these buses.
The entrance for four groups
We used to have this problem at our school, and it was quite serious because we only have a very small entrance. These were our solutions:
1) Have all the year groups lining up in the playground until their teachers tell them to go in. Only one class at a time leads into school with a teacher.
2) Have red hat children supervising the entrance to school to stop children pushing.
3) Use another entrance if there is one.
In some cloakrooms we have a similar problem.
1) At our school we have children like prefects called red hats, you could have some and tell them to pick up coats and tell children to hang coats up.
2) Have bigger coat hooks.
3) Install baskets or lockers for storing coats and bags.
We hope our suggestions are helpful and we all look forward to hearing from you.
The children in Years 5 and 6.
Italian solutions - top
the older students or the
caretaker to help you looking at the children who stay in school too long
or who need a help
more teachers outside watching both
the climbing rails and the
going out in the playground all the children must be ready.
of each grade line up in playground and wait for their teacher to go in
an entrance order ( i.e.: first the youngest pupils …)
teacher or caretaker supervises the children at the entrance of the school
THE ROAD BY CARS
retired people to organize a control service of the traffic at the moment
the road is busy because the
a big car park near the school
to put on more pegs in the hallway or put them in the classroom
some pupils (in turn) to take care the other children hang their coats up
a wardrobe for storing coats